This course introduces the functionality of the Acumatica ERP Taxes module. In this course, you will set up the Taxes module for maintaining sales taxes and value-added taxes. You will learn how to set up tax agency accounts and configure tax reports, how to create tax zones and categories, how to process bills and invoices with taxes, and how to prepare tax reports for the tax period. You will also learn how to set up integration with Avalara AvaTax to use the services provided by Avalara for calculating taxes.
What's new in this course?
The course has been updated as follows:
- The guide has been updated to reflect the 2017 R2 version of Acumatica ERP.
- The Introduction to Acumatica ERP User Interface topic has been added to the guide. The topic introduces the new Acumatica ERP modern UI and briefly describes how a user navigates in the system and searches for forms.
- The Tax reporting process diagram in the Sales Tax Reporting and VAT Reporting topics has been updated with steps 7 through 9 to reflect the process of releasing the tax report and preparing and sending a tax bill to the tax agency.
- Lesson 4 has been updated with a description of how to close a tax period and view tax periods for the sales tax report on the Tax Periods form (TX207000).
- Lesson 6 has been updated with redesigned tables illustrating how taxes are calculated using the EXTRITEM, CALCDOC, and CALCITEM calculation methods.
- Lesson 13 has been updated with a description of how to close a tax period and view tax periods for the VAT report on the Tax Periods form (TX207000).
- Lesson 17 has been updated with redesigned tables illustrating how taxes are calculated using the EXTRITEM, CALCDOC, and CALCITEM calculation methods.
Please note, instructional materials are updated to Acumatica 2017 R2.
For instructor-led sessions, Acumatica 5.3 was used. We will update sessions as soon as new online training sessions will be conducted on a base of Acumatica 2017 R2.